Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gift of Life

On Tuesday I did something that I haven't done in at least 5 years - I gave blood. I made an appointment at the local donation center and got tapped.



Between the pre-questions, the blood draw and the sitting in the canteen for a few minutes afterward eating hard pretzels and drinking cranberry juice it took less than an hour.

So check out the Red Cross's website and make an appointment to give the gift of life.

And as an added bonus during January if you give a pint of blood you get a coupon for a free pound of Dunkin Doughnuts coffee (granted I don't drink coffee but I'm sure Bob will enjoy it).

1 comment:

  1. I gave blood on Sunday! Sadly, I was one of 3 other people (all day; I asked). I saw it in the bulletin at one of the churches where I intern and went on over. Although, the RC doesn't take blood 'round these parts. We use United Blood Services. Anyway. Go us! :P

    ReplyDelete