Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring has sprung?

It seems that lately I have fallen a bit behind with my blogging that is not related to sermons. But I have lots to share. So hopefully over the next few days I'll catch up.

First up: my garden!

A few weeks ago I got these in the mail:

However that same day it looked like this outside: (sorry for the meshy pattern - it was take through a screen).

By my spring fever and gardening plans have slowly been festering within me.

Since then, Bob and I have cashed in our credit card points for Home Depot gift cards and went one mini shopping spree getting stuff ready for our future garden. Unfortunately it rained most of the weekend so the stuff is only our porch waiting to take form:


This last weekend we also started our first seeds; eggplant:

Soon we will hopefully have eggplants as well as tomatoes, peppers (bell and hot) butternut squash, potatoes, onions, carrots, spinach, and a variety of herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment