Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Birthday Weekend

This last weekend was my birthday.  Bob and I spent most of the long weekend celebrating (though I did work on my actual birthday on Sunday). 

Friday, I ended up working a bit since last week I was gone a lot.  That afternoon we ran some errands and then had dinner and a Dr. Who marathon with some friends.

Saturday we went to Gillette Castle with the dogs. On the way there we drove through Chester which was having a town-wide tag sale.  So we stopped and walked around and had lunch.  After a few other stops at various small stores we made it to the castle. 

I could not get over the view. 

Other than a few mishaps at the beginning of the trip, the dogs did very well in the car. 

Sunday was worship, lunch with one of the church family's and then sitting outside reading and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Monday we went to the Memorial Day parade in Wilton which is the quintessential small town parade. I think just about every kid in town marched with one group or another.  We also took down one of the bushes next to the house. 

Sorry this is only the before shot.  The tall bush is gone using the pruner and saw that Bob got me for my birthday.  Yes I am that weird that I wanted tools for my birthday.  Now only 25 more bushes to go (but those will wait till fall). 

Monday afternoon/evening we went to a friend's house for a graduation/memorial day celebration.

Overall it was a wonderful relaxing weekend.  Now onto my next adventure: synod assembly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment