Friday, September 10, 2010

Holy Crap! What Happened to my Calendar?

I've been sick this past week, nothing major, just a head cold.  But it pretty much knocked me out for a good portion of Monday through Thursday.  I thought this was a bad week to get sick, already having Monday off, I had one less day to do work, plus later today I leave for Hammonasset, the synod youth gathering.  (BTW, super excited about going to Hammo since I've been hearing about it since I started seminary in 2004).

But then I went to look at my calendar to figure out a date to go up to New London to see Bob's new place of employment.  And all I can say is: "Holy Crap! What happened to my calendar?!"  This summer I had a very open calendar with worship on Sunday mornings, followed by the occasional meeting and text study group on Tuesday mornings, and I go to Stitch and Bitch on Thursday nights.  Wednesday evening bible study was canceled for most of the summer.  So for the most part my calendar was free, in all honesty it was a little boring and I had to strive to come up with things to do.

But now!  Geesh!  Next week kicks of our Wednesday evening bible study (which I'm actually super excited about as it is a women's bible study that I'm calling "The Finer Things in Life" as we indulge in chocolate, wine and scripture).  On Thursday and Saturday are the first Worship Together events (again really excited, but a little afraid that people won't show up).  Next Sunday is Rally Day and the start of Theology Pub on Sunday nights (again excited but afraid people won't show up).  The following Saturday is the Pasta dinner, and then Sunday starts the Sunday morning bible study.

Whew!  I think I'm free a few days around Thanksgiving.

I'm excited for these ministries and I know many congregation members are excited as well.  Let's just hope that I feel better next week, can get my butt in gear about advertising many of them (good thing for social media that I can advertise from my computer) and that they start off well.

So maybe it was a good week to get sick, to remind myself to slow down and hopefully things will grow at the pace that God wants them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment