Monday, October 31, 2011

MMC: Blizzard Edition

Hello all

As a Minnesotan I can say that I'm use to snow in October, but flurries and maybe even some sweep-able snow.  And everyone still talks about the Halloween Blizzard that happened in 1991, but that did not take out trees and powerlines.

I hope you all are safe and warm and if not there are some shelters that are opened.  
  • Weston middle school is open as a 24-hour emergency shelter.
  • The Wilton Y is open for showers and a warming center and most of Wilton Center's businesses are open for a place to stay warm or get a hot bite to eat.
  • Ridgefield community center is open as well for showers and a warming place (though I don't know if it is open over-night)
If you know of any other places that are open or you yourself have power and are willing to open your home, please let me or the Bethlehem community know by hitting reply all.

Currently the church and parsonage are without electricity and I'm working from the Westport Library (much less crowded than Wilton) and I'll let you know when we have power back at the church.  But no damage that I can currently see has happened to either building other than a few big limbs being down in the yards.  

The unpreached sermon from Sunday can be found here. I hope you enjoy it and are willing to give some answers to the questions raised because I really feel like those questions need be asked.  Hmm maybe I can just rewrite it a little to fit with the text for All Saints Sunday.

Speaking of which, Sunday is All Saints Day.  Please send me the names of anyone in your life who has recently died, been born or baptized so that we can remember all the Saints in our prayers this coming week.  (And the weather forecast calls for 60 degrees on Sunday so hopefully we won't have a repeat of this past weekend).  

Also start bringing in can or boxed good for Ingathering Sunday on November 13 and money for meals for Kids Care on November 20 when we hope to package 1000 meals during Grow 2 Gather and after worship.  

See you Sunday and in the meantime let me know if there is anything I can do for you to keep you warm and safe or spiritually feed in the wake of the snow. 

Blessings
~Pastor Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment