Monday, December 26, 2011

Gifts of Joy

As I have mentioned a few times, my congregation is AWESOME!!  I'm always amazed at how caring they are towards me and this Christmas is no exception.

My parents decided to come up for Christmas this year and multiple people have invited myself and my parents over to join with their family Christmas celebrations.  And even more shocking and wonderful is they had just small gifts for each of us so that we would not be the only ones without.  So on Christmas Eve at midnight I participate in a Brazilian feast and on Christmas Day I played nerf gun wars with some of other parishioner's grandkids*

I also received some gifts and I have to share the irreverent ones with you.
A little stuffed church, Holy Toast and a Jesus pen that came in a box that says "Join the Religious Write".  I also received two really cute heart shaped stockings with my dogs names on them and they are filled with dog treats.  (I need to take a picture of those).

But probably the best present was my congregation members making sure that Bob was able to be here for Christmas.  No they didn't chip in for a plane ticket for him and somehow get around all the visa rules he has right now,  instead he was sitting in his normal pew:

He is wearing a french beret and a scarf (not academic robes or dressed up like Martian Luther).  I first spotted "The Bob" (as I have dubbed him) while walking down the aisle while lighting candles during Silent Night (we do it early in the service during the 5pm worship) and of course started cracking up.  Silent Night is has laughter in it right?

So like I said: My Congregation is AWESOME!!!

*Side story that I have to share: the grandkids are from England and during the nerf gun wars would say over and over again in the politest of British accents "Becca, I'm going to kill you."  I think Doctor Who should make an episode where aliens invade young children's bodies and they say over and over again "Doctor I'm going to kill you."

No comments:

Post a Comment