Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Increased Joy

A good friend of mine who is a pastor in Upstate New York, posted in his blog earlier this week some of the things that bring joy to his life especially during these long winter months of short days and cabin fever. Here are just some of the things that brings me joy:

*joking around with Bob
*playing with Daisy - that dog has so much energy
*going for a hike
*baking or cooking
*working out (sometimes I hate it while I'm doing it but it always puts me in a better mood when I'm done)
*talking on the phone with a good friend (unfortunately too many of them live to far away to see on a regular basis)
*needlepointing

So what brings you joy? What is something that you can turn to when you need a emotional pick me up? Who is someone that you can call when you are near tears but by the time you hang up your sides ache from laughing too hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment