Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Salt and Light

This past summer when I was at the baptism of my nephew, the pastor ended the announcements at the beginning of worship by asking people where they have seen people serving the Lord in the previous week.  I stole that idea and starting asking Bethlehem a similar question at the end of announcements to help transition us mental into the worship service.  Of late the question has been "where have you seen God in your life this week?"

This coming week's text is Matthew 5:13-20, when Jesus called his hears the salt of the earth and the light of the world.  We have been trained by our society not to boast, but I still ask: How are you the salt of the earth and the light of the world?  Where, when, how has God been using you to help someone else?

The ELCA's tagline of late has been "God's Work, Our Hands."  God works through our hands to help others, so help me by telling me how God is working through you.

1 comment:

  1. God working through me, talk about humbling....Ellen

    ReplyDelete