Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Day in Worcester

Today I went up to the synod office in Worcester, Mass (pronounced Woo-ster for those non-New England folks). There was an orientation meeting for pastors and rooster leaders who are new to the synod. There was about 13 of us, most of whom were ordained/commissioned/consecrated in May or will be this weekend.

I was able to hear a little bit more about New England Synod, both its history and its current ministry, as well as meet a few of the many leaders with in the synod. We were able to fellowship over lunch as well as have conversation about how the New England Synod can and should continue in ministry, especially after the actions of churchwide assembly in August.

Overall it was a good day, I just wish that it wasn't a two and a half hour drive one way. I left at 6:30 this morning in order to make sure that I would make it there by 9:30. That also meant that I woke up at 5:45 this morning - first time I woke up before sunrise in months. So in all I spent about 5 hours driving and 5 and a half hours there.

No comments:

Post a Comment