Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's Been Awhile

I think Labor Day threw my schedule off, and on top of that I had a cold all week, so I didn't end up posting my sermon from last week. Oh well. I will post today's sermon shortly.

Today was Rally Sunday. We had a bagel breakfast in the community room. There was pots for the kids and whoever else wanted to decorate and fill with soil. During the sermon I talked about jade plants growing from a single leaf and each person got a jade leaf for the pot that they decorated. Overall it was a good low key Rally Day.

In other updates: The house looking more and more like a house everyday. All the rooms and trim have been painted. Only a few doors and two closets still need paint. Bob and I put together the kitchen cabinets for 3 hours yesterday and today I went back and finished the remaining cabinets. This week the agenda includes: The hardwood floors will be redone on Monday. Carpet will be installed upstairs on Tuesday. Cabinets will be installed in the kitchen and the upstairs bathroom should be finished up. Hopefully almost everything will be done by the end of the week.

I'm also nearing closer to the completion of my needlepoint project. I've been working on this picture of Glacier National Park All I have left is about half the mountain and the sky. So hopefully within a few weeks it will be ready to frame and hang up in our new home.

This week I'm gearing up to go to Mass on Tuesday to have a welcome to the synod meeting at the synod office, my family, one of my best friends and godson are flying in on Friday. And Sunday is my ordination.

No comments:

Post a Comment