Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vacation!

Bob and I were on vacation this last week. We went to Minnesota and Wisconsin to visit family and friends and to go to the Minnesota State Fair.

We arrived Monday afternoon and went pretty much straight to the hospital to see my sister and meet our new nephew, Jayden, who was born while we were in the plane. I didn't get to see him that long since the nurse took him for a check up. I don't have picture right now (forgot camera, phone doesn't have a great signal, family hasn't sent me any, etc) so I'll post some later.

On Thursday we went to the State Fair and ate our way through it. I ate, and this is just what I can remember, caramel apple with ice cream, taffy, corn on the cob, swirl cut potatoes, honey sticks, falafels & stuff grape leaves, and Sweet Martha's Cookies (always a must eat). Among the many things, animals and people we saw was our 4 year old goddaughter get her hair done in a "FairDo"

According to Kayla it was pink with blue stars "ALL OVER!!! and SPARKLY!!""

We also had my brother's birthday party on Friday night, a family picture taken with Bob's side of the family and a Conlin family gathering.

Other highlights of the week was lots of time spent with family and friends. Bob's highlight was probably steam cleaning the stairs at my brother's house to help get the place cleaned up for my brother's birthday party....okay that probably wasn't a highlight. But one of my real highlights was worshiping at the church I attended while in college and seeing many people I have not seen in at least 5 years. It was great to see how much the church had changed since I graduated but yet has also stayed the same.

But now it is back to work, but not yet home...we are still drifting. But it is great to be staying at parishioners with Daisy the dog. And soon we will be able to move in to the parsonage.

No comments:

Post a Comment