Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dessert, dessert and more dessert

We finally had our house warming on Saturday. It was a lovely evening filled with many congregation members and a few friends from outside the congregation. I have no clue how many people we had total but it was a full house.

But as a spin a on typical house warming with cheese and cracker trays and veggies and dip we had a dessert party.

My family had dessert parties for quiet a few years after we moved to Minnesota for various reason, and I just remember my parents and myself and maybe my sister baking for a few weeks a nice variety of cakes, cheesecakes, cookies and pies and the dining room table being covered in desserts the entire evening.

So I set to baking. A few weeks ago I made chocolate chip, peanut butter and snickerdoodle cookies (all were frozen). The following week I made strawberry jam bars, double chocolate brownies, triple layer cookie bars, chewy peanut butter bars, and peppermint cookie bars. And this last Friday was cake day: mint chocolate cheesecake, smore's cheesecake, almond cheesecake, pumpkin cake, pineapple upside down cake, fruit pizza, triple layer raspberry chocolate cake, flour-less chocolate torte, and angel food cake. Can you tell I like to bake and are you hungry yet?

Of course there were leftovers, but between freezing some items, bringing others to coffee hour on Sunday and pawning some leftovers onto others, there is a manageable amount left that Bob and I can munch off of for the next week or so until we really do eat our weight in desserts.

But I think the best part of the night was for the congregation members to see our home. The house has had such a history with the congregation and so many people were excited to see it remodeled to new life. So here is hoping that there will be much life still left in this old house!

No comments:

Post a Comment