Saturday, January 7, 2012

Adventures in Childhood Part 2

Since Bob was going to have to stay in France for Christmas, my parents decided to come out to visit.  They ended up coming up the Tuesday before Christmas, late, it was actually Wednesday before we got back to the house from the airport.  And they just left on Thursday morning.  Yeah going from living alone to having two additional people in my house, and parents at that, for over two weeks was a little rough, but actually things went better than I expected.

Other than worship, we had a few adventures in the area, mainly in New York.

My parents at Rockefeller Center
The Wednesday after Christmas we went to Manhattan and walked around.  We started at Grand Central, went up to Rockefeller Center, hit the northern end of Times Square (God I hate that place), walked through Columbus Circle and explored Lincoln Center a bit.  We then took the subway up a few stops, walked across the park.  We had hoped to get into the Guggenheim but the line was around the block so we went to the Met instead. There we mainly explored the American Wing and then I showed my parents the Ancient Near East stuff so they can see what Bob studies.  We also stopped by Macy's to see the windows before we took the train back home.
We spent two days exploring some of the towns around the Hudson - New Paltz, Tarryville, and a few others that I can't remember the name of.

Mainly we just took time relaxing and shopping and enjoying each others company - well when I wasn't kicking them out of the house to do something or hiding at the church getting work done. So maybe I am growing up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment