Friday, January 6, 2012

Works in Progess

About a week before Christmas I finally started on my PhD project, granted I got all about 20 stitches in before Christmas.  However this pass two week, while my parents were visiting, most evenings we would spend some time sitting around the table working on our various stitching.  Well really my mom would fall asleep on the couch but my dad would work on his project and I got some stitching done on my PhD project. 

Someday it will look like this: 

But for now it looks like this:

I've only had one problem thus far.  The chart has what I'm dubbing normal colons, overweight colons and obese colons (really bold and super bold).  I didn't realize this and ended up stitching about 100-150 obese colons were the overweight ones should have been.  If the colors were close I would have let it be but the obese is a dark grey and the overweight ones are a light blue.  And of course I didn't notice this until I had already stitched about 10 other colors so I couldn't just stitch backwards.  Oh well.  Now I know to be careful with colons.  

Otherwise I'm loving how the stitching is working up.  The colors are beautiful and on 20 count fabric the stitches are nice and full with none of the fabric showing through. 

But since this project is so huge, it is only for home.  So the other week when I was headed to Stitch and Bitch I realize that I didn't have a project to bring with me.  So I went through my stash and found a project half done in my stash.  It is probably close to 10 years old and I don't remember working on it at all.  So this will be my travel project for the time being. 

Here it is before Stitch & Bitch last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment