Saturday, April 2, 2011

New and Old Friends

On Wednesday I had a very low key day, but in the afternoon I let the dogs out at the same time that our neighbor, who is also a parishioner, was getting his mail.  When ended up having a brief conversation about him as a teacher and the church.  It was just a nice brief conversation of talking about vocation, with out actually talking about vocation.

Thursday was awesome!  I went to a social media and ministry workshop hosted by Pastor Keith Anderson which was a great conversation on how to better use social media with congregations.  And afterwards I met up with a friend that I worked at camp with in 2001 & 2002.  We ended up talking for over 6 hours, reminiscening  about camp, getting caught up on life, and talking about all sort of other things.  It was such a great time to catch up with someone.  Oh and how did we find out that we are both now living in New England when we worked at a camp in Wisconsin?  Facebook!  Social media has really allowed us to connect with one another better and I believe that is God working in the world.

Friday was thankfully a day off (mostly) but really not a great day.  Snow on April 1st. Grr, drove to Danbury to get stuff at the pet store to be given horrible customer service and left without anything double grr.  Snow turned to rain, Bob and I got annoyed with each other.  But Bob and I ended up having a great conversation in the afternoon about life, about out future, about our frustrations.  God is with us even in frustration days.

No comments:

Post a Comment