Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oreos and Pizza

Last night my confirmation class meet.  There are two long time friends from one school district and a brother-sister duo from another school district, all four of which are on the quieter shy side, at least when you first get to know them.  A few months ago when we met, as we were getting settled, I left to go to the bathroom and said "Talk amongst yourselves" as I was leaving, but after a few steps I realized they weren't talking so I said "or just sit and stare at each other."  When I returned it looked like no one had moved and my comment was "Glad to know that you went with the later option."

So last night as we were eating pizza and oreos talking about school stuff and then transitioning into talking about the sermon on the mount, stories were flowing.  A talking Bob the Tomato was implemented, there was tons of laughter and even a little bit of learning.
I saw God in this group of pre-teens as they were connecting with each other and Jesus' story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment