Monday, March 7, 2011

God Moments of the Weekend

This weekend was crazy and therefore not able to blog about my God moments.  So here they are all at once.

Thursday I felt God when I had a some time to kill in the afternoon and spent it wandering around Barnes and Nobles and trying on clothes that I had no intention of buying at Target.  It was a great time of just resting and enjoying the day, taking some time for myself and while there was never one moment throughout the day when I was really touched by God, I knew I was loved by being able to just enjoy some time out by myself.

Friday, Bob and I took it easy during the day but we ended up working out together for a bit something we NEVER do mainly because we ended up in a minor fight about the correct form of a sit up. But God was with us as ended the workout laughing together.  At one point I noticed the wedding sampler that my dad made us that says "Live, Love Laugh Together" and that is exactly what we did.

Saturday I spent the majority of the day at a "Doing What Matter's" conference in Bridgeport, then came back prepared for Sunday and made bread.  I had to laugh when I tried to get the bread out of the pan because the bottom stuck and it looked like this:
It tastes wonderful just doesn't look like much.  Kinda works for God's presence, it doesn't always look like much but it is still wonderful to experience.

And last night God reminded me that sometimes we have to wait just a little longer for things to be accomplished.  I have been working on a needlepoint project for just shy of a year now (started March 11, 2010) and eagerly sat down to finish it up last night.  However I came up short.  I ran out of one color with about 20 stitches left to go.  Had this happened any other day of the week I probably would have been tempted to jump into my car, drive the 15 miles to the closest Michael's to buy some more floss and finish it up.  But at last it was Sunday and stores close early.  So instead I must have a bit more patience. But it looks pretty good otherwise:



Where have you seen God this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment