Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stiff Muscles

As I mentioned yesterday, Bob and I removed stumps on Sunday which took us a few hours.  And yesterday I ached as a result, fortunately not too badly, just a slightly sore left thigh, shoulders, biceps and the palms of my hands from where I was pushing on the stumps to move it so Bob could get under them better to clip the roots.

But as I sat in my chair in the living room yesterday, reading commentaries on this coming Sunday's text, at one point I felt a calm presence around me and could feel the ache in my shoulders and biceps release.  It is really a hard moment to explain but as I was reading commentaries on God loving the whole world I felt like God was there massaging my tired muscles, releasing the ache from the previous day's work, allowing for me to better understand what I was reading and to better hear what God was telling me through these scholars.

I'm sure to some people I sound crazy, "How could God massage my muscles?" but that is not really it either.  As I said it is hard to describe.  Really it was just a moment that I knew that God was with me and in that could feel my tension, my cares, both physical and mental release.

When have you felt God's presence in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment